Tilda Steamed Basmati was introduced to Canada in May 2013, and we want to show our appreciation to you all. The Best New Recipe contest is a great way to celebrate our first year of being available in Canada.
People will tell you that time flies when you’re having fun. Well, the last year has really flashed past. Its hard to remember it all, but here are some of my highlights:
- May – I was appointed Brand Ambassador for Tilda
- June – Walmart gets the first stock of Tilda Steamed Basmati . All four varieties Pure, Wholegrain, Mushroom and Pilau
- August -Tilda Steamed Basmati was sold in over 1000 stores across Canada.
- November – I met thousands of you at the Toronto Woman’s Show where we gave out an enormous number of samples.
- January – Tilda Steamed Basmati Rice won the best new rice product in Canada for 2014.
- March – Tilda Steamed Basmati featured in Eat In Eat Out Spring edition,
And in between all these events I was interviewed on TV and the press. What a fantastic year!
You all made the year special!
But what made the year really special was the way that you all joined in. We had competitions to find Tilda Steamed Basmati. You sent in photos of your favourite rice dishes. We tweeted on Twitter (we have a community of almost 10,000 now). We friended on Facebook. You sent your ideas to our web page. It was really all of you that made the last twelve months such fun and so successful.
So to celebrate all that we did last year, and the fact that we won the best new rice product award for rice, Tilda are going to give away a year’s supply of Tilda Steamed Basmati to the person who comes up with the Best New Recipe using the Best New Product in the rice category for 2014.
Its simple, you come up with the best new recipe (here are the rules). Make sure you use one of the four types of Tilda Steamed Basmati Rice and send us a photo of your best new recipe.
Enter the competition here and have fun